Skip to main content

Hearts simulation

This is the simulation for Hearts that I created for my AP Statistics class. The objective of this project was to test the various factors that influence winning a game of Hearts. Users are able to control the factors and calculate how the winning rate changes. The base for the simulation was implemented by Daniel Corin, found in https://github.com/danielcorin/Hearts. I added the different tests for the various factors in https://github.com/hedgehog412/heartsSimulation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Culprit: Review of Black Mirror S4E2 Arkangel

I would binge watch..... 2 more episodes  (Although the Arkangel wasn't enough to lure me into the series, considering the fact that my only experience with Black Mirror is with the 2 of the lowest ranking episodes, I would give it a second chance.) -------------------------------------------Short Review for the Lazy------------------------------------------- Although "Arkangel" received mixed reviews and low ratings (from the general audience and me, the writer of this review), it succeeded in posing the question "Who is to blame?" This question is complex, bringing out a variety of answers in our class discussion. It is hard to judge whether a character is to blame or not. Although Marie's actions were extreme, they were understandable. Although Sara acted like a delinquent, her actions were not that strange for a teenager of her age. In the end, following traditional Black Mirror fashion, most people will agree that the new technology is...

Ongoing tale: My Heart is Broken

Mavis Gallant's My Heart is Broken follows the conversation between Jeannie and Mrs. Thompson regarding Jeannie's rape. Sadly, but not surprisingly, the aftermath of rape has not changed much since 1964. Mrs. Thompson implies that Jeannie is also responsible for the rape occurring. With words like "If you'd listened to me, none of this would have happened" or "I told you it would make trouble, all that being cute and dancing around" Mrs. Thompson blames Jeannie for what happened. The rapist is nonexistent in this conversation, Mrs. Thompson refusing to find out who he is. Jeannie is considered the main reason of the rape as Mrs. Thompson believes it could have been prevented if Jeannie acted differently. Mr. Sherman goes even further, arguing "no man by his own self can rape a girl, so there was either two men or else she's invented the whole story". This leads to a social atmosphere at the camp prevents Jeannie and her husband Vern fro...
*The blog has changed quite a bit since writing this post For finding out who I, Jihyun Julie Jeon, am, one has to look no further than my blog. Although there aren't any posts on it yet, everything, from the name to the background, represents a part of me.  The name of my blog, 0110110101101001011011100110010000100000011100000110000101101100011000010110001101100101, is actually binary code for "My Mind Palace" (I wanted to have a more personal name like "Jihyun's Mind Palace" but I couldn't get it to fit under 100 characters) The use of binary code represents my passion for computer programming and my dreams to become a computer programmer.  The name itself, "Mind Palace", is a reference to the BBC hit tv series, Sherlock. A keen Sherlockian would have noticed that the first sentence of this post is also a reference to part of a scene in "The Sign of Three". I am a huge fan of the series, having binge-watched it at least 4...